♦ Explore the principles and concepts of institutional strategic planning and performance.
♦ Assess the contexts in which institutional performance expectations are set and the selection of key performance indicators is conducted.
♦ Examine appropriate institutional planning and performance target-setting processes.
♦ Understand the role of key performance indicators and targets in institutional strategy.
♦ Examine the relationships between strategic and annual planning and performance indicators.
♦ Create and evaluate an appropriate set of key performance indicators for your organisation.
On successful completion of this workshop, the learner will be able to:
♦ Describe the process of strategic and performance planning.
♦ Explain the roles and responsibilities required to develop and deliver on institutional performance and key performance indicator targets.
♦ Establish strategic priorities.
♦ Develop a sample set of key performance indicators for the academic strategy of your organisation.
♦ Identify key performance targets.
♦Establish processes for reviewing and monitoring key performance indicators.
- Academic strategic Context
- Institutional Planning and Performance Monitoring
- Roles and responsibilities
- Stakeholder engagement
- Environmental scan
- Goal setting
- Strategic priority actions
- Identification of targets
- Taking action: development of appropriate academic KPIs
- Academic profile
- Teaching and Learning
- Student Experience
- Research and Knowledge Transfer
- External Engagement and Contribution to Society
- Aligning KPIs
- Reporting, monitoring and reviewing of KPIs